HOT MUMMAS I Kerastraight

14:56

It has taken me AGES to write this post, and I feel terribly bad - but three holidays, a child and a job to juggle - please forgive me!

But, my argument is...I needed to give this particular treatment a fair trial in the weathering stakes, from wind to sun to rain to shine and sweaty gym sessions.
I had the treatment on Monday 30th March.

Here goes....

Entering the Trevor Sorbie salon (KeraStraight Global Ambassador) with trepidation, I was immediately greeted by a handsome Cypriot hairdresser, Petros, who would be tending to my tresses.
As I waited for him to pop my coat away, I spied a novelty, a Red Velvet cookie - given my wheat intolerance, I shouldn't - but I did!

Anyway, he led me down to a little room where two of us were waiting for the KeraStraight KS UltimateTreatment.
Designed to help you manage your locks, the award-winning keratin treatment simultaneously repairs and straightens hair, to deliver fuzz-free easy-to-manage hair. Just what I needed.
Funnily enough, the other client was a new mum, and given I'd just gone back to work - and also a new mum (of Albie, now 18 months), there's a trend going on here....

During the 'anaphase' of pregnancy (the one where you get thick, lustrous, amazing locks) my hair was doing its thang - thick, bouncy, sexy - rocking a dip-dye - I was satisfied.
After baby came along, and the impending breastfeeding stage, came the 'telephase', where 60 per cent of hair falls out - my hair was parched, breaking, crying out for a new style. So what did I do? The thing most mums do when they want to regain their identity, hopefully gain some compliments and feel alive again?

Cut my hair off short and sort of dip-dyed it unsuccessfully.

Unsatisfied and feeling so terribly mumsy, the condition was atrocious, I needed help. This is where Kerastraight came in.

No enhancement needed - my parched/over-processed locks
BEFORE SHOT

After the huge furore around Brazilian blow-dries and their Formaldehyde content, the Kerastraight treatment boasts low PH proteins, and none of the aldehydes in the vapour or formula of the banned ones.
Jez Barnett (I know, amazing, right?), the founder - has created this gentle formula that is featured in all the best salons around the world.
Having experienced quite a few in my time (I'm curly, and love bleach), I was often reduced to tears as the vapours irritated my eyes - but can report nothing this time around.
It is also perfectly safe to have during pregnancy and breast-feeding.

It's designed to renew dry, damaged and weak hair, transforming into into healthy, straighter and stronger. With highly concentrated proteins, it delivers elasticity, and shine that can last for up to 4 months- saving on £25 weekly blowdries - chance would be a fine thing, eh?
You can also, unlike the old versions, wash your hair just 30 minutes after - and there's also no horrible growing out period - it just fades naturally.

The first week, there was an awful stench each time I washed my hair. I thought my bin had been left in the bathroom or the cat had crept in and done something - it was so unpleasant I was worried my hair might smell like this for the next 4 months. Within 2-3 weeks it had subsided, I have NO idea what ingredient was doing this - but thankfully, it diminished.

Blow-drying was MUCH easier, but unlike past Brazilians where I could just run my fingers through and leave it - my hair still looked a little frizzy on the layers and ends - this could purely be where I'd had a bad dye-job.

I do think that Petrus gave me a light version of the treatment, so I didn't look like I had an oil-slick and unlike the earlier versions, I didn't have poker straight hair but I DID have movement - which was one of the reasons clients didn't go back for further treatments - they couldn't handle HOW straight it was!

I am pleased to announce my hair has grown from a bob, to my shoulders in the time it's taken me to review and post this - and it's much more manageable but I'd like to be able to eschew my straighteners and go without, but the bleach and ends are leaving me with no other alternative but to keep using them.

Kerastraight in full force - June 6th (2 1/2 months down the line)


There's a long way to go with getting my hair health back - but the Kerastraight has definitely helped with the majority of it.
It's a must-have treatment for post-partum, it makes life so easy - cuts the drying time and product overload and has definitely got my hair on the road to recovery.

Look how long it has grown in a matter of months!

Treatment is from 2-3 hours and from £150.

www.kerastraight.com


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Share your opinion with our mums