HIP MUMMAS I Maternity/Nursing Bras

22:14

Last time I was pregnant, I only bought only one maternity/nursing bra at the beginning, a sleep bra by Emma-Jane (approx. £17.50), and had been using Emma-Jane bra extenders (approx £4) on my other bras, which helped to widen the width for my expanding rib cage so that I could breathe. Emma-Jane do a great range of nursing/maternity bras which are really soft and comfortable for day/night wear. I would recommend the new Next Generation Nursing Bra (approx. £11) which is seamless and really soft.



However, as the birth was approaching (8 weeks to go) I realised that a combined maternity/nursing bra would have been useful, since I planned to breastfeed.


I tried the Elle McPherson style and didn't find those very comfortable, nor the Mothercare styles.

I had a fitting at Marks & Spencer and they told me I was a 36C. (This size also fits me in Mothercare bras). I was then fitted as a 32D in Freya, and in Figleaves as a 36D. Wohoo big boobs for the first time in my life! (Usually a small 34B!) Very confusing- but the rule is to get fitted before you buy.

I would recommend moulded or stretch cups (such as the Emma-Jane range) as most useful, as your breasts will change size throughout the pregnancy and breastfeeding, especially as they fill up with colostrum and breast milk just before the birth. Currently I am still wearing my nursing/maternity bras as I am still breastfeeding my 17 month old twice a day, but my breasts are tiny compared to when I was pregnant last time and when I was fully breastfeeding.

However, the sexiest and most comfy nursing/maternity bras I tried were Freya, and they are really good quality. I have worn mine regularly for nearly 2 years now and it is still in great condition and very supportive. I also just purchased a new style, the Freya Dotty, from Figleaves.com, which was £28. It's a teeny bit big on the cups but am hoping that being pregnanct again I will fill it out soon.


I also got some matching panties for £10, bargain! I can actually look hot whilst breastfeeding!


Figleaves.com have a wide range of maternity styles and currently have a 60% off sale on their website- woirth a look. I would recommend getting fitted before you buy though. Try going to a Debenhams store, as they stock most of these styles and will usually give you a free fitting!

CB

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Really these female under garment are looking to nice and every one female like such types of bras because flexible bra give nice and attractive feeling with partner. maternity bras Toowoomba

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,

    I came across your site babyurbeautiful.blogspot.com when searching for the top lingerie and fashion bloggers for our partnership program. I particularly like your last post, it was spot on!

    Due to the content you are already sharing with your followers, I think we would be an excellent fit for each other and I am contacting you to find out whether you would also be willing to promote our brands on your site.

    Just to break it down;

    Designer Intimates is a new e-commerce store of highly successful and established lingerie brands Felina, Paramour and Jezebel.

    We receive on average an order size of between $60-70. We normally pay a Base rate of 7% in commission for every sale our partners make through their site, but I would be willing to increase yours to a Better rate of 15% for the next 90 days.

    I am confident you'd make a great promotional partner because Designer Intimates will be a great compliment to all the great advice and guidance you're already providing in your blog.

    If this is something that may interest you, please contact me through this email address affiliates@designerintimates.com to learn more about our partnership.

    Thank you for your time and any consideration you may give us.

    I am really looking forward to hearing from you

    Best regards,

    Alec/Affiliate Manager,

    affiliates@designerintimates.com

    www.designerintimates.com

    ReplyDelete

Share your opinion with our mums