SAVVY MUMMAS | Flower power

23:40

I trust my GP, I honestly do, but sometimes you have to listen to your inner voice; this is even more true when it comes to 'mothers instinct'. My little 10-month old daughter has developed some kind of red rash on her face and chin and my GP is adamant that it is eczema – it's not that I don't believe him, but I feel like this eczema 'label' is dished out a bit too easily. I think it's quite mild but equally I don't want it to start itching and becoming too bothersome so I'm trying to banish it before it gets any worse.


Easier said than done. I've tried Oilatum (as prescribed by GP) bath oil and cream, no luck. Sudocrem? No luck. No bath products = still no difference. Change washing powder = again, no difference. I really didn't want to have to give her any kind of strong medication so when my mum suggested something natural, a cream made from Marigolds, I was intrigued – it was worth a shot.





Nelsons Calendula Cream 
"Specially developed to soothe and hydrate tired, damaged skin or skin that’s dry, rough, chapped or flaky, Calendula has been used for generations to nurture and restore healthy skin."

It's not described specifically to help Eczema, but does say it is for dry/chapped skin, and that's what Eczema in its mildest form is. I found the cream easy to apply, rubbed in quickly, not at all greasy and was kind of watery (but not sloppy) rather than thick so I think the tube will last a long time. It says it's for all the family and hooray it's also for tired skin (that's certainly me) so I also slapped some on my dry knees, elbows and face for good measure – I do love a product that I can use too!

I've only been using the cream for a few days but I can already see an improvement to the eczema so fingers crossed it will do the trick. Marigolds...who'd have thought it? Flower power people, peace out ;) 

Available from www.nelsonspharmacy.com 
£5.10 for 30ml

CQ x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Share your opinion with our mums