HOT MUMMAS | Elemis New Gradual Tan

19:26




I've always liked to have a tan FACT- I kid myself I'm olive skinned with yellow undertones but reality is I'm corn beef pastie with scarring from picking spots my whole life.
 I recently went on a UK summer beach holiday with the little one and was desperate to get a bit of colour - knowing I wouldn't be able to sunbathe properly with unreliable weather conditions and a bubba to shade, I needed something special. 

I've always been an Elemis Skin fan - their Total Glow Self Tanning Cream and Tan Accelerator have been staple pre holiday pamperers for years, so I jumped at the chance to try the newest product on the market: Total Glow Bronzing Body Lotion 

It claims to instantly moisturise and hydrate the skin, delivering a flattering sun-kissed glow all year round. Rich in protective antioxidants of green tea extract, the lotion is meant to even skin tone and soften the body. 
Straight up, it's pricey I get that, it isn't a budget product - discount price currently £27.60 for 200ml it is going to be a treat for most of us, however an investment http://m.feelunique.com/p/Elemis-Total-Glow-Bronzing-Body-Lotion-200ml .

But, as my Dad always says, you get what you pay for - it's a high end product folks, and the consistency and aroma are both luxurious. So much so, I even felt confident enough to use it on my face. 
A mix of delicate floral notes, uplifting lemon and patchouli oils made the lotion feel like a decadent moisturiser leaving no funny fake tan smell. 
My skin felt soft, smooth and really well hydrated. The rich consistency also means the 200ml goes a long way.

The tan test - having read reviews of the product saying: 'it left no colour', I was intrigued to see the results. 

The results? It hit the mark for me, I was combining the product with sunshine over a period of a week and it leaves a very gradual, non streaky natural bronze that needs to be built up over a number of days. It is infused with Vegetan™, naturally derived from wheat, subtly building a natural golden tan to the upper layers of the skin.

My conclusion - it ain't gonna give you tantastic Mummy's a quick fix if that's what you're looking for. BUT for a luxurious moisturiser that smells good and builds up a low level natural streak- free bronze, this is the one - get it on your birthday or Christmas list! We love it.

Top tip - use it in between fake tan applications to keep up the sun-kissed even glow.

 Fabulous Elemis Total Glow Bronzing     Body Lotion


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Share your opinion with our mums