BABY VS MUMMA | Finally a guilt-free baby range that smells good!

13:07

I've tried a fair few baby products recently for this blog and the one thing that stands out for me is that the guilt-free ones - i.e. which have no parabens or similar nasties - never smell that good. Admittedly this is because they are usually fragrance free but I'll be honest, I want my baby to smell nice! I do, after all, spend a good deal of my time hugging and kissing her.

I'm sure many of you will read this and think that I'm being silly and should be celebrating my baby's natural scent. But the truth is, at 10 months, she doesn't have that nice baby smell any more. She either smells of the people who've been holding her that day or of the random dirt she's picked up by crawling around on the floor all day. Sometimes she smells of the food she's rubbed in her hair during meal times!  So yes, I at least want her to start the day smelling clean and yummy.

Anyway, I've discovered a brand called Halos n Horns, which has won loads of parenting awards. At the moment I've only used two of the products - the baby bath and the moisturiser - but I'm already hooked. So is Lucy as you can see from this pic!




















The baby bath doesn't create many bubbles, though that could be to do with our hard water situation, but it smells good and works nicely as a hair and body wash too.

Lucy loves the moisturiser, or at least having it massaged on her legs. It feels a little thin and takes a while to sink in, but once it does her skin feels lovely and soft. I just have to let her wave her legs around a bit to help it along.

Other products in the range include Gentle Bubble Bath & Body Wash for baby, Zingy Orange Hair & Body Wash for kids, Mango & Melon Mayhem Shampoo & Conditioner for kids, Berry Burst Shampoo & Detangler for kids and Toothy Fruity toothpaste.

All are free from SLS/SLES, parabens, phthalates, MIT, triclosan & propylene glycol.

You can buy the gentle version of the body wash from Boots.com for £2.99 and the moisturiser for £3.99.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Share your opinion with our mums